CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Hello from Provo

Happy Saturday, Knudson Family!

I'm just taking a break from writing my humanities paper and I figured I'd share some highlights of my life in Provo so far this year. It's been a really fun semester. My classes are fun, but challenging. I'd have to say my favorite has been physics...haha..NOT! Alright, to be fair, it hasn't been that bad. My favorite class has definitely been my volleyball class. Every Friday morning from 8-10 I go and play volleyball and then I'm finished for the day. It's been a lot of fun and my team even won the tournament!


My roommates this semester have been amazing. I share a room with Laura. We call her Sasquatch, but that's a long story. Karissa and Jess are in the other room. Laura is from Oregon and Karissa and Jess are from Kansas. We've had a really fun semester baking cookies, building forts, watching movies...good times. Jess and Karissa are moving out, but I'll still have Laura at least for one more semester. Laura just turned 18 this summer so she's just a freshman. We get along really well. She's hilarious and really smart (even when she's NOT reading over my shoulder...) In the picture, Jess is the one on the far end sitting on the fence. Laura is the one with a blanket over her head and Karissa is the one with the red blanket. This is from the night that we drove up Y mountain (no, not all the way) to watch the sunset.



My FHE group this year is great. I think that we have 14 girls in the group and 8 guys. Our regular turn out is 10 girls and 2 guys. It's a good group though. Kenny and Chad are so funny and so are all of the girls. Our activities are usually short and we don't plan big, formal activities. We just go and have a good time. Some of our activites this semester have included: Playing Catch Phrase, a scavenger hunt, making gingerbread houses, duck racing, and making a mockumentary of the duck race. This is a picture of us before our duck race. We raced the ducks in that water by the bell tower next to Heritage Halls. Kenny bought ducks from WalMart and then at FHE we decorated them and raced them. Close up of the ducks:

My duck is the one on the left. It's a Harry Potter duck. He wasn't very fast, though. I think he was 10th out of 11.



Ok, one last picture because I need to get back to work. Definitely one of the highlights of the semester was going to Salt Lake with a few members of my ward and planting flowers. That's right. They let me plant tulips, daffodils, and pansies on Temple Square. So, in the spring if anyone is walking by the Church Office Building, I planted those flowers!! It rained and it was cold and windy. This is a picture of me and Laura.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the Christmas Season! I can't wait to be home and see you guys!

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

I meant the duck on the right. I even thought about it before and decided the left...yeah...I'm in college.